Friday, January 13, 2017

Its a new year and I am determined to make the most of this blog to help people find a love for cooking. That is what has brought me here. I have not been as connected as I should have been because what I loved has becoming my job. But I want to change that! I would like to find my job in my love instead  Cooking has always been an enjoyable thing for me. Memories of my mother and grandmother come to mind as I prepare certain dishes that they have shared or taught me. I even have memories of my Dad who never cooked a day in his life that I can remember. But there is not a banana pudding that i make that i don't think of him. I began my career in catering. Cooking for others at parties and events at a very young age. There were times that the whole family pitched in, even dad. The time I was doing a Christmas party and had to cook, peel and de-vein 50 pounds of shrimp.The house smelled for weeks after that and the family let me know it.
      Dads favorite Banana Pudding : 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 3 eggs separated. 2 cups of milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla.Box of Nilla wafers and 5 or 6 Bananas....Put everything but wafers, banana and vanilla in a stainless steel pot (no aluminum) with a heavy bottom. Wisk vigorously till everything is dissolved and has been combined. Put it on a medium heat and continue to stir till it thickens and begins to boil. Take off the Heat and add the vanilla. Put wafers in the bottom of a bowl top with sliced bananas.Add the warm pudding. Continue layering ending with pudding.
* I learned while working at Alpha Medical (as there private chef.) That more wafers are better. I could not put enough wafers in it for these folks.
*I never use meringue. I just don't like it and it does not hold up. So I always top the pudding with fresh whipped cream!!!!!! And of course MORE wafers......Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment